Thursday, January 5, 2017

To you.


You’re an angel fallen down

You have fallen from the sky

(Ruby by Twenty-One Pilots)



You’re an angel fallen down

You have fallen from the sky

You’re the beautiful city sound

And the silence of the trees

You are the beauty of art

But only the frame that held the beauty



But you are not the harsh inked pen

Nor are you the ticking clock in an awaiting court trial

You couldn’t possibly be the birds chirping then

For comparing you to these things would be maddening

You are nothing like the journey in life

Definitely not the jet lagged, sleepless feeling



It is possible you’re the sharpened knife

 Or even the melody in the best song

But of course you can’t be compared

To the sweetened sadness of the night



But I am the small fairy lights to you

The graceful Ferris wheel is my very definition

Yet somehow I’m the one thing you aspire to be



I know I’m not the angel fallen down

I did not fall from the sky

That is all you

That is all you

But I will have you know that I am the warm tea

The herbs and the hot liquid that calms your cough

But of course, you would never know.

3 comments:

  1. First off, I love Ruby haha. I love the images in this poem. You used some very powerful words in ways I wouldn't have thought, and words that I wouldn't have thought of using. I love "the sweetened sadness of night" and "jetlagged".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But of course you can’t be compared, To the sweetened sadness of the night" Gorgeous imagery.

    ReplyDelete