You tell me there are more fish in the sea
You tell me that I am a great fisherman
A fisherman who will reel in a great catch
That I have to wait patiently for that moment
And yet, as strange as it is,
I don’t want another
This reminded me of the classic tragic love stories where the guy tells the girl to move on from him and that there are better and "bigger fish in the sea", but in reality she just wants him.
I really liked that you put out what it feels like when people basically tell you to move on. I think it was very clever how you went about saying it too.
I really am in love with this. It's crazy that there people out there that may be "better", but once you're really in love with somebody it's impossible to think anybody could be better for you and you couldn't have it any other way.
"And yet, as strange as it is, I don't want another" I like that a lot, I find it really interesting how some girls can look aside the fact that there's always people out there smarter, cooler, more attractive, and most important more deserving of them, but yet they feel content and happy with what they have.
This reminded me of the classic tragic love stories where the guy tells the girl to move on from him and that there are better and "bigger fish in the sea", but in reality she just wants him.
ReplyDeleteI love how you took an idea and related it to a common saying but took it a lot deeper.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you took the cliché saying "There's other fish in the sea" and took another look at it from a different perspective!
ReplyDeleteI love how you took a small quote and turned into a story
ReplyDeleteI really liked that you put out what it feels like when people basically tell you to move on. I think it was very clever how you went about saying it too.
ReplyDeleteI really am in love with this. It's crazy that there people out there that may be "better", but once you're really in love with somebody it's impossible to think anybody could be better for you and you couldn't have it any other way.
ReplyDeleteReally powerful ending there.
ReplyDeleteI loved this, and I cant deny that I have felt this before. well done. super cool
ReplyDelete"And yet, as strange as it is, I don't want another"
ReplyDeleteI like that a lot, I find it really interesting how some girls can look aside the fact that there's always people out there smarter, cooler, more attractive, and most important more deserving of them, but yet they feel content and happy with what they have.
I really love how you turned the kind of cliche "more fish in the sea" into something different than what I expected. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis was super good! very strong yet simple ending.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI really liked this, I can really relate
I could imagine a fisherman out fishing on a lake great detail!
ReplyDelete